Wednesday 16 November 2016

The Contents of my Face: My Look for Autumn

It's that time of year when I start to look a bit pale - yes, I know, paler than usual!  If I haven't been tanning in the summer, I still do have a bit of a glow in those months.  But, as soon as the colder weather hits, I start to lose a bit of that 'glow'.  As regular readers will know, I posted earlier in the year 'The Contents of my Face: My Daily Makeup Routine'.  So, for this time of year I thought I'd let you know about a couple of additions to this.  ('The Contents of my Face' will be a regular feature in this blog I think!) 

And here they are - 



First up, on my recent trip to America, I was practically surrounded by Walgreens & Duane Reade's - America's version of Boots or Superdrug here in the UK.  I made the odd trip here & there while in New York for various bits & pieces.  When I headed to Memphis, I spied another huge Walgreens & decided I needed a bit of 'Milani' makeup in my life!  I've heard a bit about this brand so I wanted to try it.

Now, as I say, in the cooler months, we need (or I need!) a bit of colour in our cheeks!  So, the Milani Baked Blush does not disappoint.  I went for the shade 05 Luminoso.


  A stunning peach with a bit of shimmer.  It has an amazing colour payoff, so I dare say this product will last me ages as you only need a tiny amount. 


 The gold packaging has an expensive look about it, is neat & compact, & also contains a cute little mirror & brush inside.  



It really does give the right amount of warmth to your face for this time of year. 


Onto the other favourite for Autumn & actually all year round, is the Sleek Face Form Contouring & Blush Palette.



I purchased this kit in the shade Fair.  In this set you get 20g of product, a matte contour shade, an illuminating highlighter & a shimmery blusher.



The contour shade is perfect for sculpting your cheekbones & giving your face a general definition.
The highlighter is just stunning & so beautiful.  It certainly gives the highlighters by Becca a run for their money! 
And finally the shimmery blusher.  A definite dupe for the famous Nars blush, but a lot cheaper!  A lovely warm pink with flecks of gold.  A perfect natural shade which goes with practically any makeup look.  And of course, wearable for Autumn! 



If you haven't tried Sleek makeup before, you should.  Great value for money & this little set is really great for travelling too. 

Do you change up your look in Autumn?
What products do you think I should try?  
I'd love to know! 

Bee x   


No comments:

Post a Comment