Wednesday 20 September 2017

Primers on test from Primark

I've never been that bothered about primers if I'm honest.  I always thought, surely my makeup will stay on all day?  It's meant to, right?

Well, I hadn't used a primer in ages so I thought, as I didn't want to spend too much money on a primer, I'd risk it & buy one from Primark.  I wasn't expecting much at all as it was so cheap.

Well, I was wrong!


From Primark's PS...Pro range was their mattifying primer.  I have combination skin, (part oily, part dry) so this was perfect for me. 


On application, it had a silicone type texture but felt nice on the skin.  And yes, it did work.  I didn't become shiny throughout the day & it did help to make my makeup last.  In fact, my makeup looked as fresh at the end of the day as when I first applied it.  I was shocked! 


On to my more recent purchase; their colour corrector primer with SPF30.    

I'm quite into colour correcting at the moment especially for under my eyes; I'm always wanting to look fresher & brighter! (Yes, I've mentioned it before!)  So, for brightening my complexion, I went for their yellow primer.


I will say, this primer has a more creamy texture (not as silicone like as the other one) & it does make my base last all day, but even though it says it's for brightening, it doesn't seem to have as much of an effect as I thought it would.  However, considering it only cost me £5.00 I can't complain! 

Do you use a primer?  What would you recommend?  Comment below!  Thanks!

Bee x   

2 comments:

  1. I have only one cosmetic from Primark and it's just a simple lip balm. Not the best but works. I totally don't know these primers, but I'm not into silicone primers, so I think I will not try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mattifying one had a silicone type texture but the colour correcting yellow primer didn't - it was creamy.
      Thanks for reading x

      Delete