Wednesday 4 October 2017

Skincare I have been loving lately...Olay,The Ordinary & Skin Chemists

....or should I have titled this post, skincare I'm using up?!

No, because I am genuinely loving them! 



First up, Olay Complete Everyday Sunshine...


Now, this is a classic.  I've always been an Olay girl & every summer I reach for their Everyday Sunshine (In fact, I have reviewed this before, here); whether it be to help my existing tan along or to give myself a bit of colour.  I use both shades (light & deep) & I'm currently using their light shade.  

I've been desperately clinging on to the last bit of my tan from my holiday & I've almost finished this tube, so maybe I will embrace the winter paler look or I will purchase another one & continue to be a bit more colourful...who knows?!

Anyway to give you a bit of a lowdown on this product; it's a tinted moisturising cream & I use it every morning (& sometimes evening) before I apply my makeup.  It sinks into my skin well, gives me a lovely glow (it never looks streaky) & smells lovely.  I have never had a breakout with this either, which is a plus! 

Oh & it is SPF15 too! 

It is such a great product & works so well, that I will continue to purchase this for many years yet!

Onto another moisturiser I have been enjoying...


This brand seems to be getting quite a cult following; it has simple packaging & the price point is amazing too.  It is of course, The Ordinary. 

I have their Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA cream.  And it definitely does what it says - it is a 'surface hydration formula'.

I have combination skin, so I wasn't sure if it would suit my skin, but I'm pleased to say, since using this on a regular basis (mainly in the evening) it hasn't effected my skin at all.  It's not greasy & just provides the moisture that my skin needs.

I will say it's not the most amazing moisturiser I've ever used but it's basic & does the job!

It's also great to know that The Ordinary are vegan & cruelty free.  

And the price of this product?  It's £4.90.  Bargain!

My final product is a serum.  I'm really starting to love serums these days.  As I get older, I'm really becoming more aware of my skin & taking care of it.  As part of my day job, I advise my clients about the best skincare & how to look after your skin all the time, but its only been in the last few years that I've properly taking care of mine - I wish I could tell my younger self about the dangers of putting your face in the sun without sun protection for example!

Anyway, enough of that, now that I am more aware, I'm doing my best to hold onto what I've got!

So, onto the serum...


It's by Skin Chemists London & it is their 24hour Aqua Repair Facial Serum.  And let me tell you...it is fabulous!

As soon as you press it into your skin, it sinks in & feels wonderful.  It has definitely helped with the texture of my skin & feels like such a lovely base along with one of my moisturisers before applying my makeup.

And you only need a tiny bit, so it will last you ages.  It smells lovely & fresh too!

So, there you have it; the skincare bits I've been loving lately....

Over to you! What  are your faves?  I'd love to know!

Bee x  













No comments:

Post a Comment