Tuesday 8 March 2016

Naughty But Nice Treat





On Sunday afternoon, my friend Laura & I decided to venture into our local town Cheltenham, to do a spot of shopping.  Once we had finished trudging round we decided to pop into a cafe for a drink.


We usually go to Costa, but thought we would go to Patisserie Valerie for a change.  We have both been there before & never leave disappointed.  I had also heard they had expanded their range of gluten free products & since I can't eat gluten, I thought I'd definitely give these a try!

We sat down & once settled, ordered our drinks & 'naughty treats' from the friendly waitress. 

To drink, my friend ordered a Strawberry Breeze smoothie & I ordered a Soya Mocha.  To eat, Laura ordered a Black Forest Gateau (looked delicious!!) & I ordered the gluten free Flapjack.

I had surveyed the fairly generous list of gluten free products, but (& probably because it was a Sunday) all that was left was the flapjacks & ginger biscuits.

Unfortunately, I am not supposed to eat cow's milk & the flapjack did contain milk, but I was so hungry that I thought it was worth the risk!! 



Our drinks & cakes arrived shortly afterwards & we were both thoroughly pleased.  Laura's strawberry breeze was very thick & tasted very juicy - packed full of fresh strawberries & bananas.  Her gateau was very rich but delicious.  My Mocha was perfectly frothy & my flapjack really did hit the spot!


 

If you haven't visited Patisserie Valerie before, you definitely should - more patisseries are popping up everywhere. It has a fairly extensive menu & not just for cakes.  They also do other food including very extravagant looking breakfasts!
It is also worth noting that they do made to order cakes for special occasions.

Our visit to Patisserie Valerie was definitely the perfect ending to a sunday afternoon!



 


What's your favourite cafe?  And if you have been to Patisserie Valerie before, whats your favourite on the menu? - I'd love to know!

Bee x




No comments:

Post a Comment