Wednesday 11 May 2016

Let the battle of the concealers commence....YSL, Maybelline, Collection & NYX

So, I thought I'd share with you my concealer collection! 

I suffer from very dark circles under my eyes & I also have a scar on the side of my left eye which I have due to a traumatic birth.  I have noticed that, unfortunately, my scar is becoming more pronounced as I get older & I will do anything to hide it! 

I do sometimes use 'correctors' as well, which make the concealing task more effective, however, here is the low down of what I think of the concealers I have at the moment when used on their own....

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch...



I have purchased this on & off for years.  I mainly buy it at duty free as it's cheaper!

I always thought Touche Eclat would be a bit of a let down even though there was so much hype around the product, but I took the plunge anyway & I've always been really pleased! 

I really think it 'wakes up' my under eye area & it's great for touch ups too.  It's the perfect colour for me & yep, I will be purchasing again! 

Maybelline The Eraser Eye...



Now, this product I love!  (I saw the youtuber Kaushal Beauty recommend this & she was right!) 

The first time I used this I really found that this was doing something for my skin.  It contains goji berries & Haloxyl & felt really tingly.  I've not noticed it tingling as much the more I wear it, so not sure if the ingredients are wearing off, but in any case, I find that the coverage is good & I have the shade light, which I don't think is too pale for me.  I find for me, this is more for concealing & not for highlighting.  I'm sure it would be perfect for highlighting if you have a darker skin tone.

The only drawback though, is you do seem to go through the product very quickly.  It does produce good results so it's definitely worth it.

Collection Lasting Perfection...



Everyone on Youtube & in the blogging world seemed to rave about this, so of course, I gave into the hype & purchased it.

Yes, it's really good for highlighting & brightening (I have the shade Fair 1) but for directly under the eyes I find this a bit drying & it does tend to crease after a long day, so it makes me look as though I have more fine lines than I had to begin with! 

It's not the worst concealer in the world - I can understand why so many people like it & at about £4.00 it's great value for money, but I doubt I will be buying it again.

NYX HD Concealer...



This is a recent purchase.  In fact, I only bought this about 3 weeks ago.

I was on a day out in Bath, when I popped into their local (& big!) Boots & was stunned to see that they were finally stocking NYX!  I've heard so much about this brand, so I had to buy a few bits.

Anyway, I picked up this concealer & so far I can say that I'm very impressed.  I have the shade CW01 Porcelain.  It's high definition, photogenic, mineral enriched & free of talc & parabens.

It feels lovely on the skin & not drying at all.  It's light enough for highlighting & great for concealing.  A really good coverage.

It will be interesting to see how long this product lasts before I have to repurchase (& I'm sure I will!).


So, that's my round up on my current collection of concealers & I hope it has helped you if you fancy purchasing any of these.

What's your favourite concealer?  Is there one I need to try?  Let me know! 

Bee x 





No comments:

Post a Comment