Wednesday 4 May 2016

My April Favourites!

It's a new month, so I thought I would let you all know what I loved in April!

Keeping Fresh...

The first of my favourites for the month of April is a anti-perspirant!  It is the Maximum Protection one by Sure.  The current scent I'm using is Sport Strength.  They have other scents in the collection which all smell really lovely.



It is a solid formula which you twist up twice & then apply.  It does advise you to use it twice a day, but I feel it is enough to use once per day & keeps you feeling fresh all day, everyday!

I think this is the best anti-perspirant I've ever used & I highly recommend it. 



A great quirky place to eat...

Next up is a new restaurant discovery.  I've heard about this place before & it really intrigued me.  It's a restaurant called 'Bills'.  



As regular readers of my blog will know, I am gluten, wheat & dairy (cows milk only) intolerant & eating out can be somewhat of a pain.  So, you can imagine my relief when I found out that Bills does some great alternatives to your 'run of the mill' restaurants.

They do have some different dishes, with a variety of funky salads, gluten free bread, breakfasts....& amazing cocktails too! The only downer for me is a lack of desserts.  Yes, they do have gluten free ones but not dairy free.  I do sadly find this very common in many restaurants, but I guess, on the up side, its better for my waistline!!

If theres a Bills near you, go check it out.  I've not quite worked out the theme yet, but the vibe is definitely a bit quirky, with great furnishings & a little shop too, so you can take a bit of Bills home with you. 



My next favourites for the month are all about makeup.....

Better Lashes...

I have a love-hate relationship with my eyelashes!  Sometimes they look great & long.  Other times, they look clumpy & short!  I do find though, since using this new product they have looked a lot better.

So, its all down to 'They're Real' Tinted Primer by Benefit, which I received in a beauty box.



The colour is mink brown & is perfect to use either on its own or under mascara. 

It does seem to really lengthen my lashes & make my eyes look more awake!

I currently use it everyday before applying my mascara & I find that I don't need to put mascara on my bottom lashes as this primer already gives a good enough effect.

If you have never used a primer on your lashes before, I would strongly recommend trying it - I'm sure you will be impressed with the difference it makes!



A New Lip Colour...

So, I popped into Kiko a few weeks ago.  I fancied a new lipstick & wanted something that looked a bit brighter & not what I normally wear.  I had in my head that I wanted a coral/peachy colour.

Anyway, I ended up with colour number 902 in the 'Smart' lipstick range - my favourite range by Kiko & such great value for money! (see my review here)



Now, its not as peachy when applying it, as compared to the bullet.  It's probably more pinky (it's called 'pastel pink' on the website & looks more pinky there than in real life), but I love it.

It's a really nice summery colour (wishing I was somewhere hot right now!) & a lovely creamy consistency.

So, as you can tell, I came away rather pleased & it didn't cost much at all! Bargain!



My First 2 MAC Items...

As the title says, I've finally purchased two MAC products & I've been loving them!

They are a lipstick in the shade 'Modesty' & a lip liner in the shade 'Soar'.

The lipstick is a cremesheen, which is perfect for me as I have such dry lips, so I need something which is very moisturising.  The shade 'Modesty' is a lovely nudey pink which you can wear with everything. 

Of course, with my lipliner, I had to purchase the shade 'Soar'.  The shade everyone seems to love!  And I can understand.  It's a nice pinky 'lip' colour & again, seems to go with everything - with most lipsticks, or on it's own.  It is also very comfortable on your lips, soft & easy to apply.

Overall, very pleased with my MAC products.  Theres a few more added to my list now....best get saving!




So, thats what I loved in April.  What products did you love last month?  I'd love to know!

Bee x



No comments:

Post a Comment